Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Construction is complete

Well almost. We have a few (two notebook pages) of minor things to touch up or finish. Here are some pictures:

First a "before" picture. This was my little kitchen and behind me was my small dining room. We couldn't all sit down at once to eat. So aside from summer when we ate outside on the picnic tables each night, the last 18 months we have eaten in shifts. We fed the kids first and then Vince and I would sit down when there was room for us at the table.

This is my new Large kitchen. It has chip board counter tops and bar right now. The granite will be installed next week. Purple you say? Yes! Purple. Love, love, love it.

My new dining room table that my dad made for us. It was hard to get it all in the picture. It is 4 ft. x 12 ft. long. We can seat 16 around it and he built it in two pieces so we can separate it in the middle and seat 4 more for a total of 20 people. There is a bench he also made in the back to seat the "little butts". Yup, more purple in the curtains on a dark yellow wall.

My new pantries and desk area. See the gas fireplace in the kitchen? I am always cold so it feels cozy to turn it on in the morning while the kids are eating breakfast and getting ready for school. There are 8 bar stools that will allow seating at the bar (when it is installed next week.) Spiced pumpkin color on the wall.

New family room downstairs. Vince and I have a running joke. I got bright colors upstairs for my kitchen and he chose brown tan and tan for his room. He still says his room is better because what you can't see in this picture is the new flat screen hanging on the wall.

We love our new space.