Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I have been knitting

It may seem like the construction and kids took over this blog and it did briefly but I have been knitting between loads of laundry. I have finished the clapotis. Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb in the Safari colorway. I used 3 skeins by eliminating one increase and one decrease section of the pattern. I love how it turned out with an animal print color mix. I can tell this is going to be one of my new favorites.


Made M a pr. of purple socks out of Jitterbug yarn.



Started and finished (but not blocked) my sister-in-laws Christmas present. It is made from Handmaiden Sea Silk in the rose garden colorway. Beautiful yarn and pattern but will be better when blocked. The weather has been so gloomy lately so the color quality of the picture is poor, sorry.


I can post a picture because I know she doesn't read here.


I am still working on the MS3 and hoping to get it done for a Christmas present. No pictures because this person does read the blog. I have two socks on progress, one for Z and one for A. I am motivated to get them done so I can make another pair for myself. I love knitting for the kids but I also love putting on the socks when completed and their feet are too small for me to do try-ons.
I started a dark red sweater for myself for Christmas but I am not sure I am going to keep going with it. I am right on for gauge, making the size my bust calls for but I have this haunting feeling that it is going to be too tight and not look good one me. Part of this may be the pattern I have chosen. I love the look but will it look as good on a size 14 waist as it does on the model? I have not had good much with making sweaters for myself. I usually look like a balloon in them...making a big body look even bigger. I admit that I have only made 3 sweaters so far but I have been less than pleased with all of them. I want to keep trying though. I know the style that would look good on me but can't find a pattern for it. I guess I need to design it myself....

So there has been a lot of knitting going on in this house.