Wednesday, March 28, 2007

They all think I am crazy...

NEVER say things like...."I love knitting this so much, I will be so sad when this is done" or "This is knitting up really fast!" Last night after finishing the 4th skein on Lady E. I was sitting back and just basking in her beauty when I noticed a problem. I had made a mistake 3 sections back. I pointed it out to DH and he watched in horror as I started frogging sections. All the while trying to talk me out of it...."Are you really sure you want to rip out all that work? No one will notice, Can't you just cut and paste, I mean, you know...cut and sew?" (He is such a computer guy), He was being very supportive all the while thinking I was out of my mind for ripping it out.

It really didn't bother me, it was only a couple of sections....

Until this morning. I took it upstairs in the kitchen and laid it out to show the kids (They are having almost as much fun watching her grow as I am.) I was explaining what I had done and stopped mid sentence.... another mistake! D++b. How could I have missed it?? I would stop and gaze at her so often how could I have NOT seen this?!?! It was on the 4th section. I missed a corner triangle. Three of the kids came around in horror as I again frogged 7 (7!) more sections to the missing triangle. They also were trying to talk me out of it. "We didn't notice until you showed us. Don't do it! No one will notice!!" I calmly explained to them that I would notice. I would always know it was there and it would diminish the finished object in my mind. I could tell by the looks on their faces they thought I was just as crazy as my husband did.

I frogged a total of three skeins of yarn between last night and this morning. I now have a total of 4 sections done. One skein down, 9 to go.... and I am still enjoying the knitting of Lady Eleanore.