Monday, June 30, 2008

More Fo and Summer of Socks

Another finished sweater:

Pattern: Sleeveless Wrap Sweater from Blue Sky Alpacas
size: 34 (It is a little big on Z)
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Skinny Cotton in Glacier
Mods: While knitting the waist band and skirt it has you do a short row every 4 rows. On the 5th row it doesn't say to pick up the wrapped stitch but you need to do that or it shows on the skirt. Otherwise knit to pattern.
Began June 23, done June 28.

Summer of Socks has begun. I have my first pr. done:

Pattern: My version of the Twisted Rib.
Yarn: Plymouth Happy Feet. I threw the band away and forgot to record the colorway. They are navy, burgundy and olive green.
This was my first toe up sock. I won't show close ups of the heel. I need some work on the short row heel. I choose toe up because I wanted to use all the yarn and make the longest socks possible. They grew quite a bit after blocking but they are the softest socks I own to date!